The City Manager is the administrative head of the City and accountable to Mayor and Council.
The Office of the City Manager ensures City operations are maintained and handled efficiently.
Responsibilities of the City Manager include:
- Directs, supervises and reviews performance of all departments
- Implements policies, programs and decisions of City Council
- Prepares and presents operating and capital budgets
- Advises, informs and makes recommendations to City Council and Committees concerning policies and programs
The City Manager also provides leadership to City employees and leads the implementation of City Council priorities in order to build a sustainable future and meet objectives identified in Council’s Vision for Melfort.
Adam Homes, City Manager
City of Melfort
Melfort, SK S0E 1A0
Phone: (306) 752-5911
Fax: (306) 752-5556
The City Clerk is responsible for a variety of corporate, administrative and legislative functions resulting in continual contact with the City Manager, City Council and its various standing committees as well as the general public.
The City Clerk is responsible for the following:
- Provides administrative support services to council
- Entrusted with maintaining, processing, and recording all proceedings and other records of the City Council and the City to include minutes, agreements, resolutions and other official documents
- Works closely with the City’s Senior Management Team and provides guidance and support with Legislative requirements, including Council directives
- Maintains City records such as City Bylaws, & Policy and Procedures
- The City Clerk also manages the Administration of municipal elections
The Finance Department is responsible for the collection, control and disbursement of all corporate funds.
This includes the areas of taxation assessment, utilities, accounts payable and receivable, information technology support, payroll and benefits, budget preparations, general ledger maintenance and financial reporting.
Community Services Department
Protective Services Department
Works & Utilities Department
- Waste Collection
- Waste Disposal
- Water & Sewer