Community & Economic Development
Community and economic development functions within the City of Melfort are handled by the Community Development Manager under the scope of the Community Services Department.
The Community Development Manager is responsible for the administration, planning, implementation and promotion of economic development, tourism, and special community events.
The Community Development Manager is a resource person for local businesses and prospective entrepreneurs and serves as the representative on local and regional development committees, ensuring representation and a voice for the City of Melfort.
Direct services carried out by the Community Development Manager:
- Access to business development resources.
- Networks to other economic, tourism and business development bodies.
- Community profiling and information gathering for market research.
- Business counseling and point of contact for entrepreneurs and existing business and industry.
- Assistance and guidance in preparation of forms and documentation.
- Identification and facilitation of new development opportunities
- Promotion of Melfort for tourism, business development
Brent Lutz, Director of Development, Planning and Community Relations
Melfort, SK S0E 1A0
Phone: (306) 752-5911
Fax: (306) 752-5556